We’re Hiring: Sr. Art DirectorLeave a Comment
The King Agency, a creative marketing firm based in Richmond, Virginia, has a full-time position available for an award-winning Sr. Art Director.
Candidate must have 7+ years experience and extensive experience in all categories of print, broadcast and digital. Position requires strong creative concept skills, a great design eye and technical knowledge of what to do with it all. You must posses a positive team attitude, be detail oriented and posses a motivated personality.
- Help establish and maintain the highest possible standards of reproduction for all TV, interactive/web, print, outdoor, audio/visual and collateral materials produced by the agency.
- Digital design and WordPress knowledge + experience required
- Informs and advises the creative director on department business, including all creative and technical issues and requirements (hardware and software needs, upgrades, training, etc.)
- Ensures efficient visual execution of creative concepts as assigned by creative director
- Consults with the creative director, as well as copywriters, production, and account service personnel as necessary to achieve agency objectives.
- Examines and approves finished art and conceptual material, and supervises alterations and/ or corrections.
- Maintains a current list of available freelance artists, photographers and other contributory talent.
- Recommends and directs freelance contributors.
- Recommends and directs production companies, photographers and talent..
- Oversees specification of typestyle/font, color, photography, illustration and paper stock; inspects and approves vendor pre-press and press proofs.
- Engages in any personal development necessary to stay current in advertising techniques and standards, and research activity required to become more familiar with clients’ businesses.
- Must know pre-production file set-up for ads and collateral production.
Compensation and Benefits
The King Agency offers a competitive benefits package including health care, retirement match and paid vacation and personal time. The salary range for this position will vary depending on experience and skills outlined above.
MUST INCLUDE A LINK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO WITH REPLY. PLEASE E-MAIL RESUME AND PORTFOLIO TO: CAREERS@THEKINGAGENCY.COM