Controller / Business Manager
The Controller/ Business Manager is responsible for the financial dealings of the agency. This person is responsible for confirming employee timesheets, outside vendor charges, which are on purchase orders, and miscellaneous charges to the various jobs the agency has opened for clients.
Part-Time: 10-15 hours per week
As the jobs are completed, the controller produces a billing worksheet, which is reviewed by the account executive, signed off by the account executive, and then billed to the client.
The controller is responsible for: invoicing the client for the jobs completed, or services rendered; keeping accurate aging of accounts receivable due to the agency, and informing account management when an invoice is overdue; and posting and keeping an accurate record of the accounts payable that the agency owes to suppliers, vendors, and other companies. This record is reviewed with the president, and the controller then issues and records the checks.
The controller is responsible for producing an agency balance sheet, and an agency profit and loss statement on a monthly basis, delivering it to the president by no later than the (15th) of the next month.
This person is responsible for authorizing purchases.
Reports to the president.
- Records all entries to the software-based general ledger, journals, etc
- Issues checks for payroll, supplier invoices, media invoices, etc
- Completes necessary forms for sales and income tax and forwards to appropriate government departments
- Coordinates and supplies information to existing CPA company
- Maintains all digital and hard copy agency accounting files
- Generates and issues invoices to clients
- Provides president with financial information when required
- Makes bank deposits and verifies bank statements
- Maintains cost accounting records
- Issues company credit cards and maintain records of all charges, applying them to project billing wherever appropriate
- Reviews and approves employee expenses
- As directed, handles corporate financial matters when the president is unavailable
Responsibilities where accounting includes Human Resources:
- Maintains employee records including employee absences and other information affecting wages, deductions, etc
- Maintains benefits programs and provides employees with necessary claim forms and assistance when needed
- Maintains vacation and sick day records
- Updates policies and procedures manual as required
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5 years of related experience required
* Please send your resume and cover letter using the form below. Include relevant experience and salary requirements. The King Agency is an equal opportunity employer. We are built around our differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.