Copywriter/Social Media Content Creator
The Copywriter/Social Media Content Creator based in Richmond, VA. This position will work closely with the Communications Director and the Senior Director of Strategic Services on all efforts.
The ideal candidate is a creative storyteller, a tribe-builder, someone who knows how to connect with people in a real and genuine way. This person will have experience participating in a wide variety of social media strategies, including content creation, creating ads, community development and management, social listening, commenting, etc. and is well-connected with the broader social media world. This person must be able to think strategically and be willing and able to roll up their sleeves to help implement fun and creative social media campaigns for the agency and our clients. Designing original graphics and videos for social media is a huge plus! We’re looking for an exceptional writer, storyteller, and concept developer. This person must be able to write short and long copy, and produce creative content for broadcast, digital and print. Must be comfortable in both the B2B and B2C arenas.
- Write fun, engaging, and relevant social content for platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google My Business.
- Develop a strategic monthly social content calendar per client to maximize engagement and awareness on social platforms.
- Design engaging social graphics and videos to complement monthly content calendars.
- Develop brand awareness and monitoring of online reputation across platforms.
- Monitor social media trends, tools and applications, and appropriately apply knowledge to increase client use of social media.
- Measure the impact of social media on overall marketing efforts.
- Ability to execute on great concepts and prepare copy for social media, print, online and broadcast.
- Awesome presentation skills.
- Experience working in a variety of media and channels and understand the difference in writing styles between them.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the digital landscape.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field.
- 2+ years work experience in copywriting, content creation, or social media.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Facebook Business Suite and Ads Manager – Understanding of how to create Facebook/Instagram paid ads and all targeting options, including lookalike audiences.
- Positive and collaborative personality; ability to build internal relationships and work cross-functionally to achieve goals.
- Passion for learning and staying abreast of changes to the digital landscape and marketing strategies.
- Excited to create, improve and execute.
- Ability to exercise sound business judgment in fast-paced, changing, and sometimes ambiguous situations and environments.
- Adobe Creative Suite experience is a plus.
- 15 days of PTO for the calendar year.
- Full health and dental insurance benefits offered, agency pays 50% of the total employee cost.
- 401k retirement savings plan.
- Professional development opportunities.
* Please send your resume and cover letter using the form below. Include relevant experience and salary requirements. The King Agency is an equal opportunity employer. We are built around our differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.